Policies for Our Cabins or Cottages for Rent in the Green Mountains of Vermont
- Our rates are based on the time of year, day(s) of week and number of guests in your party. Standard rates are based on double occupancy. Additional guests are $25/night for ages 13+ ; $15/night for ages 4 – 12; Free for ages 3 and under. To display availability and nightly rates for a stay, click here or call 802-388-9090.
- Our extended stay rates are based on season and duration. Contact us for specific rates, terms, and availability.
- A 9% Vermont room tax is applicable to short term stays.
- No extra resort or gratuity charges apply.
- A 50% deposit, including tax, is required for all reservations.
- A reservation is confirmed upon receipt of deposit.
- For reservations of three or more cabins or 7 or more nights, payment is required in full 30 days prior to your arrival and will be charged to the card(s) on file.
- For cancellations 30 days prior to arrival date, deposit will be refunded less a $25 plus tax processing fee. If guest rebooks at the time of cancellation, the processing fee will be waived.
- For cancellations within thirty (30) days of arrival date, your full deposit will be retained by Robert Frost Mountain Cabins.
- For cancellations of reservations during Middlebury College events, fall foliage and holidays, and for reservations of three or more cabins or 7 or more nights, payment is required for the cost of the entire length of the reservation and will be charged to the card on file.
- For parties who shorten their stay or do not show on their scheduled arrival date, payment is required for the cost of the entire length of their reservation and will be charged to the card on file.
- Gift certificates are transferable but non-refundable.
Check-In / Check-out:
- Check-in is after 3pm.
- If you expect to arrive outside of our check-in hours, please call us to make special arrangements.
- Payment in full is required during your stay. We accept Travelers Checks, personal checks, cash, American Express, VISA, MasterCard and Discover.
- Check out time is 11am or before. Late check-out may be available and must be prearranged. To avoid additional charges, please be prompt to allow us adequate time to prepare the cabin for the next guests. Late departures not pre-approved are subject to a fee of $50 per hour.
- Robert Frost Mountain Cabins supports the Vermont Clean Indoor Air Act which prohibits smoking in all enclosed indoor places of public access. Non-compliance will result in a $250 surcharge.
- Well-mannered pets are welcome for an additional nightly fee of $20 per pet.
- 2 pet limit.
- See Pets Page for more info and policy details.
- Out of respect for our guests, Robert Frost Mountain Cabins enforces a “quiet-time policy” from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Guests who do not observe the policy may be asked to leave and the cost of the cabin and deposit will not be refunded.
- Open flames are not permitted inside the cabins.
- Due to safety considerations, fires at the private campfire pits at cabins 6 & 7 require prior approval. Guests who light a fire without approval may be asked to leave without refund.
- In the unfortunate event that guest(s) cause damage to the cabin, furnishings, décor, linens, appliances, etc., or leave the premises in such a state that additional measures, such as extra cleaning, trash pickup, carpet or upholstery cleaning, etc., must be performed, the guest will be notified via email with an invoice of all charges. Photos will also be made available. If a response is not received within a reasonable amount of time, we reserve the right to charge the card on file for damages, services and or replacement of items. As always, we strive to keep an open line of communication with our guests.